Weekly Recipe: Sweet Potato Jalapeño Poppers
It's vegetable season! Try this recipe with all those fresh peppers from your garden!
Prep-Time: 30 mins | Ready in: 1 hr | Serving Size: 14 Poppers
· 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
· ¼ cup unsweetened plant milk (such as almond, soy, cashew)
· ¼ cup nutritional yeast
· 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
· ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
· Sea salt, to taste
· Ground black pepper, to taste
· 7 jalapeños, halved lengthwise and seeded (keep stems attached)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place sweet potato pieces in a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add water to just below steamer basket. Bring to boiling. Steam, covered, about 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are very tender. Transfer sweet potatoes to a bowl. Let cool and mash.
3) In a small saucepan whisk together milk, yeast, vinegar, and turmeric. Bring to boiling. Cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
4) Transfer milk mixture and mashed sweet potatoes to a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.
5) Spoon sweet potato mixture in jalapeño halves. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
Did you try it? Tell us how it turned out in the comments!
* Recipe courtesy of forksoverknives.com